With a rental car, you can explore each city at your own pace.
Traveling in the North of Peru will allow you to visit places still little known, cradle of ancient civilizations such as the Chachapoyas, the men of the clouds, or the cultures of the coast, the Chimú, Mochica, Chavín and you will have the privilege of being in the center of modern archeology, but also in the current urban and agro-industrial activity of the towns and peoples that are found throughout the 900 km of the Panamerican North.
You will visit very diverse archaeological regions, including a large number of pyramidal structures called “Huacas” of impressive dimensions and extensions.
Pick up from your hotel early in the morning from Ollanta station – Train journey to km 104, starting point of your trek.
You start with the Inca Ruins of Chachabamba with their complex irrigation system and masonry. The rest of the path takes you through the cloud forest, over moss-covered steps and past many viewpoints overlooking the mountains before seeing the imposing well-preserved Wiñay complex.
Reach Wayna. The additional hike takes you to Inti Punku to the Sun Gate.
From here you get the first look at the impressive Inca Cathedral of Machu Picchu.
Before dark, descend by a path to Aguas Calientes station
Accommodation in a hostal – night in bed and breakfast
Take them early in the morning on one of the first buses to Machu Picchu, in order to enjoy the sunrise. Your guide will lead you through the ruins.
At the end of the morning, downhill drunk to Aguas Calientes, where you can have lunch (not included)
You will take the return train to Ollantaytambo station.
Transfer to Cusco – Accommodation in Cusco
Your personal travel advisor will build a tailored itinerary.
Experience all tours in private, unless otherwise indicated.
Knowledgeable, professional and passionate staff and guides.
24/7 emergency assistance from English speaking staff.
– All Peruvian domestic flights listed / in economy classü Accommodation in a double room in mid-range hotels (single accommodation in Leimebamba) (bed and breakfast basis).
– Airport transfer on the day of arrival.
– The city tour of Lima on 2.
– The Nissan X-Trail 4×4 or similar rental car from day 3 to day 13. (Main program)(or until day 16 if extension B) incl.Unlimited mileage.
– All-risk insurance without excess.
– Liability insurance up to 2 million euros.
– Assistance at the reception of the vehicle.
– Smartphone as navigation device.
– One-way rental Lima- Chiclayo (main program) or Lima- Tumbes (if extension B).
– The Green Climate Environmental Contribution.
– A tourist guide on the North of Peru and itinerary (maps).
– The long-haul flight to Lima.
– Gasoline costs, tolls on the motorway and parking, fines, tips.
– The additional insurance for a second driver.
– Visits, entrance fees and tourist guides.